Bogus invoice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today I received a letter/statement, which looks very much like an official invoice.

It's from UnitedTelecom (International Trade & Business Database) based in Rep Czech and it's about 'our' entry in their database (on internet and cd-rom). Costs, a whopping £ 365.00 !!! (But if I reply within 21 days they grant me 3% discount, now isn't that nice ;)

I've checked their website and our company is mentioned on it, but with no further information like address and phone numbers etc.
On the letter I found an ID no and on their website you can type in that ID number. If I read their terms and conditions correctly: entering that ID number on the site can result in accepting their offer !!!!!!!

Please be aware of these bogus invoices/order confirmations. If you didn't order anything don't react to it, just bin it!

Sponsored Links
I would like to see them try to get that money off you! :LOL:

Any specific reason ??
(Don't tell me because I'm Dutch = mean ;)

Not sure how long you have been in the UK Wood, so don't think I am patronising you here. What I said was a bit of an Englishism. I don't mean I would actually LIKE them to get their money back, I mean, it would be amusing to see them try to get their money back. :LOL:

What are they going to do about it? Remove you from their CD-ROM? Ooooh, I better you are quaking in your clogs about that! ;) Any attempts by them to reclaim money from you would be laughed out of any court, and I doubt any bailiff would be stupid enough to take on the case. What I am saying is, they are just chancers. If you spam 100 people then at least 1 person will be worried enough to pay up. Just ignore them, or possibly forward it to the "Watchdog" TV programme. They occasionally have ones like this.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
I mean, it would be amusing to see them try to get their money back. :LOL:

What are they going to do about it? Remove you from their CD-ROM? Ooooh, I better you are quaking in your clogs about that! ;)

First they have to see to get some of my money. I know they are chancers, I put it on here as a warning to that 1 out of a hundred ;)
I've binned their letter.

Clogs, clogs, what clogs ;) 'Wellingtons' more likely this week.

Clogs, clogs, what clogs 'Wellingtons' more likely this week.

Said on the radio yesterday that if we don't get more rain soon we may be looking at shortages and possible droughts by June or July. Apparently its been a very dry winter.

AdamW said:
What are they going to do about it? Remove you from their CD-ROM? .

Careful, they might put you on twice!

Are we heading toward a situation where one is presumed guilty until proven innocent, through perhaps large expenditure ?

Mentioned elsewhere how a person was being persued by Bailiffs for congestion charge fine relating to vehicle he has never driven, owned or to his knowledge even seen in motion or not !! ... Where is the line between a bogus charge from a company running the congestion charging and any other company prepared to rob us ? It is not always a case of just do not pay ... Bailiffs take things don't they ?
What is going on ?
:mad:

Sponsored Links
Back