Boiler advice needed Baxi Duo Tec & Wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I recently had a Baxi DuoTec HE 28k combi boiler fitted. The plumber also fitted it with a Center EHE0200361 RF programmable wireless room thermostat.

I was advised to keep the thermostat in manual mode and simply adjust the temperature up or down to whatever temp i'd like....I leave it set at 17.5c most of the time as I work from home.

I've noticed that every 10mins or so the wireless receiver next to the boiler is clicking on (green) and the central heating light, also lights green on the boiler, a light humming noise continues for about 1min with some clicking noises then then wireless receiver and central heating light shut off. A loud fan like noise then kicks in (sounds like it does when the central heating is actually on) this last for about a minute then back down to the light humming noise for another minute then the whole thing shuts off and goes silent.

The digi temperature gauge is flicking between its idol state of 22c and 24c throughout this weird cycle before dropping back to 22c when it all shuts off.

Is this normal? Seems strange that its doing this so regularly and im concerned there is something not right with it.

Would be great to get someone out there who knows this boiler to put my mind at rest!

Much appreciated
Luke

Sponsored Links
I've also noticed that every now and then when it does this cycle it will fire up, the temperature reaches about 48c and then it switches off again... all within 60 seconds. It's not even enough time to remotely effect the heat of the radiators.

Im quite confused by this process as it just seems to be wasting fuel and electricity

Any advice welcomed

The Duotecs do have quite a large lag between when the demand is activated and the boiler firing up. And then you have the post fan purge.
The radiators won't generally be hot to give you a room temperature of 17.5 degrees. You/The Installer can change some parameters on that rf stat.

Sponsored Links
I had my Worcester Combi Boiler installed 8th February 2016...
The programmable thermostat is ready to be thrown out of the window...
It has taken me the longest time to figure out how to set the Auto...BUT...heating is off...I go to bed...turn on AUTO...heating was on all bloody night...
The boiler was moaning and groaning...pipes were so noisy....I thought yet again I had set the time wrong so put my fan on to drown the noise...
I have checked...double checked and for some reason AUTO doesn't work...
I think now it is better to take it to bed and just put the heating on...
I will try once more tonight if it is not working I get the engineer out and he can explain it to me I am at a loss...
Only good thing about my new boiler it is economic...I am on a pre-paid meter...I use about £20 a week...now it is £15 per week but not if the heating is coming on when it should be off...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back