Boiler advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello hoping someone can help and advise me on a few points, we have a Ferroli optima 700 (no idea how old ). It currently gives us CH no problem but as of 3 days ago it only gives lukewarm water after an initial burst of hot.
any pointers on what might be causing it ? how much it might cost to fix ?
I'm based in Glasgow btw.
how much can you expect to pay for a new boiler installation ?

sorry a few question there I know, 3 year old and a 5 month old baby here -not getting a lot of sleep and this is the last thing I need .

thanks in advance. Davie

Sponsored Links
do you mean 701? the chances are its the thermistor, what leds are lite on the front of the boiler?

the manual says Optima 700. I had difficulty finding info on the 700.

Boiler price is one of the most common topics that comes up, and unfortunately it is not easier to answer than: how much is a decent car?

Sponsored Links
dire need of some help here guys so please furnish me with youe views and expertise. The boiler fires up when I demand hot water, the LED all seem in order, but I can get no hot water except the initial burst of very hot water .

what's going on ? where is the heat going if the boiler activates ?

thanks in advance.

if I have the hot water tap open just a little I can manage to get some actual hot water, but if I open it to a usable amount - instant lukewarm water.

it's doing my head in.

I have the original manual , if you like I'll scan it in and send you a copy.

need to wait till I get back to work though.

Hot Water sensor seems to be the problem.

Measure it as per the M'Is.

You need a multimter to do this.

Your boiler is problamatic but very easily repaired.

Paul.

PS. Can you advise when this has been checked / replaced?

had to change the PCB over a year ago, still unsure about whether this really needed doing as the bloke didn't fill me with confidence. Apart from that I have had nothing done. Obviously in need of a service, but unfortunately money is very scarce right now ( "re-organisation" at work has left me pretty much screwed). If I swap both the sensors over (CH and DHW) will this rule it out ? is this easily done ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back