Boiler and pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just checked my boiler now and the temp is set at 80 degrees, is that correct?

Also, the red pump was set to position 1, is that correct also?

Sorry for the tedious questions, someone has messed with the boiler and I do ot recall the settings.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Just checked my boiler now and the temp is set at 80 degrees, is that correct?
That sounds OK. The boiler thermostat just determines the max temperature of the water when it leaves the boiler. The boiler will be turned off by the room stat when the house is up to temp.

You said:
Also, the red pump was set to position 1, is that correct also?
Are all the radiators getting hot?

You said:
someone has messed with the boiler
Why did they mess with it and what were they trying to do?

That sounds OK. The boiler thermostat just determines the max temperature of the water when it leaves the boiler. The boiler will be turned off by the room stat when the house is up to temp.

I do not have a working room stat at the moment. I have lowered the temp to 70 degrees because the rads were to hot to touch last night! Surely this will save me oil also?

Are all the radiators getting hot?

Yes, all rads are getting hot on setting 1 but I have read the pump should be on setting 2? I have a 4 bed bungalow with 11 rads in total?

Cheers for the help bud
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back