Boiler and thermostat help pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys am hoping someone can help me as about to jump off a bridge lol
Just bought a house and it's got a ideal c30 boiler but no thermostat
It had a wireless one but I guess it broke

So can I just run it without one and adjust it by the water temp as I have been doing
( it's a opentherm)
Or how can I just wire in a modern simple stat

Thanks

Attachments

• 20211222_133538.jpg
    20211222_133538.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20211222_141227.jpg
    20211222_141227.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 76
Sponsored Links
You shouldn't have the front cover off your boiler - it forms the safety room seal and should only be removed and refitted by someone competent to carry out the Regulation 26:9 safety checks on completion of works.

Get them to fit an OpenTherm stat for you while they're there doing your safety checks

I'm only a DIY'er so may be mistaken...

..but if you don't want to take the excellent advice above (you should!), find where the other end of the cable (already connected to the 'room stat' terminal) goes to and wire a new 'stat to there!

Could be here?

Screenshot_20211222-222104_Chrome.jpg

EDIT:
... and 'Google Lens' suggests that is the base for a Salus iT500 wireless thermostat receiver. It could be a plug and play replacement?
Hopefully those live terminals have been isolated? :confused:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It’s not good practice either to use a green/yellow wire (known as earth/cpc) as a live or live switching wire it should be sleeved brown, and there’s a grey wire that could have been used. (n) As per Andrew (muggles) the case cover forms part of the combustion circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back