Wireless Opentherm Thermostat

I have brought an ideal vouge c32 (flagship) which is opentherm ready no bridge required. In addition I will be using the nest 3rd gen which is opentherm compatible . Good thing with nest is it will get software and firmware updates for years to come. More opentherm. Stats hopefully.

Note the heatlink module has enough extenbility for now 2 wires to opentherm terminals on the boiler terminals will ensure the boiler is modulating and working alongside true radiant. A nest technology.

Ideal's RF OT room thermostat has worked on the basic Logic range for years now, your point is???

Why do I think you're fishing or on a wind-up? The original post is 7 years old!!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'll post pics up later. But personally i think this is the best combo.

Ideal vogue + nest. As it's all opentherm compatible. Eg modulating 7:1 so the controller sets the heating temperature as required.

Save gas abs reduce unnecessary on off toggles

There's others connections that might be used in the future

You have a set of contacts for a single heating zone, another for the hot water zone (with no temperature control of the cylinder unless they do a significant revamp of their software and add a wireless cylinder stat), then you have your OT bus terminal pair and the DC power/data line for the thermostat.

Not sure what others you're talking about. Either way - I'm not a fan of Nest. Heatlink is silly design and makes connection awkward.

Sponsored Links

LOL!! Call me what you like, but Dan has got to be one of most experienced & highly respected guys in the U.K. Heating industry.

I really think the trolls, Google Warriors & DaftyDIYers are out of control on this forum.

One you don't work for nest, you don't know what capability will be available.

Surely if you have any sense you will agree modulating control for heating temperature is better than the shiity hive on off switch.

LOL!! Call me what you like, but Dan has got to be one of most experienced & highly respected guys in the U.K. Heating industry.

I really think the trolls, Google Warriors & DaftyDIYers are out of control on this forum.

Wasteman comment

One you don't work for nest, yup don't know what capability will be available.

Nope - I don't work for Nest. I have been Nest approved since they launched in the UK.

Surely if you have any sense you will agree modulating control for heating temperature is better than the shiity hive on off switch.

I've been modulating my boilers for over a decade fella. I beta tested the R8810A1018 before it was released to the UK for multi zone applications.

Recently installed and commissioned a system with 22 zones, hot water priority and full weather compensation across multiple emitter types. Have several others waiting for sparks to drag cables for the second fix.

Guess I'd better stick to my Hives though eh? ;).

You think your the big man. Going on like you own this forum. Frankly you don't own ****e.

Do what you want. I got better things to do. On my Friday night.

For what it's worth, I'm an Approved Nest Installer & frankly it's rubbish, sold on complete marketing wwank.

Frankly mate, you're clueless.

Nice.

Ive said nothing wrong. my view. Personal view

The ideal vogue and nest make a good combo for its opentherm interoperability.

Good night

Nope - I don't work for Nest. I have been Nest approved since they launched in the UK.

I've been modulating my boilers for over a decade fella. I beta tested the R8810A1018 before it was released to the UK for multi zone applications.

Recently installed and commissioned a system with 22 zones, hot water priority and full weather compensation across multiple emitter types. Have several others waiting for sparks to drag cables for the second fix.

Guess I'd better stick to my Hives though eh? ;).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back