Boiler bar symbol flashing, filling pressure outside permitted range

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When turn on Vaillant ecoTEC plus, bar symbol flashing from time to time, indicate filling pressure outside permitted range(around 3.1bar), when flashing the burner turn on as well. I've tried to drained radiator to lower pressure but doesn't work. Advice are highly appreciated.
IMG_20230107_075445.jpg

Sponsored Links
When you drain the radiator does the pressure drop and then slowly rise again? You may have nocked the fill loop valve and its slightly open.

Thanks for your comment, the pressure drop from 3.2 bar to 2.8 bar when drain the radiator, then it appears error of F75(water shortage), I need to open fill loop valve to turn on boiler. Then just keep the same phenomenon.

shut down all demands for heat from the boiler, then get the pressure to 1.5Bar then turn the heating on

Sponsored Links
Is there a bleed valve at the top of that boiler- possible you've got an air bubble stuck in there

then it appears error of F75(water shortage), I need to open fill loop valve to turn on boiler. Then just keep the same phenomenon.
You need a gas safe registered engineer to change a part inside your boiler, keeping on topping up the pressure will do it no good. Whilst they’re doing that get the, to charge the expansion vessel and check to ensure the prv is seating or ask them to bring a new one anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back