boiler break down can u help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if a boiler will not go through its complete ignition process unless the combustion chamber sealing door is loosened is the fan not working properly or the flue blocked creating a vitiated atmosphere . any suggestions

Sponsored Links
cheers powell30 for the reply anyone else out there any ideas knock once for yes twice for no

No mention of boiler make or model so what you are doing could be life threatening!

Sponsored Links
hi alan e the boiler is main 24 he combi and only removed the cover to check the pressure switch to see if it was engaging and after the boiler fired as normal but when resealed it wont work . on seeing this i loosen the cover just to try it and the boiler went throughits full ignition process but when fully sealed again it refuses to work . obviously left boiler fully sealed and safe it just baffled me . any help appreciated

Air pressure switch probably faulty or tubes partially blocked . But air pressure switches are starting to play up on them had 3 in the past fortnight

Vitiation is a bit advanced for a DIY'er ,think you should post in C.C. for a more defined answer!

Can someone tell me how it can be viatation if there is no ignition present let alone a flame

what im saying is the boiler fires with the case seal loosened but when retightened it wont work because flame failure has locked the boiler out

what im saying is the boiler fires with the case seal loosened but when retightened it wont work because flame failure has locked the boiler out

How can it lock out if the flame has not even lit?

Anything to do with combustion should be dealt with by a competent CORGI.

Tony

it did light when case seal was loosen but on retightening goes to flame failure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back