boiler change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
customer wants to change neataheat electronic for a new boiler.I would like some advice please,would it be better to pressurise the system.Also should i fit a system boiler (VALLIANT).Am i right in thinking i would need a pump over run as the exsisting boiler does not have one.Could someone direct me where i can get a good wiring diagram for this installation thanks. Sorry for these questions but i usally change open vented systems to combis thanks for any advice on this peter

Sponsored Links
Sealed always better imho, unless pipework is in such a state, that it won't be able to stand more than 1 bar. In which case the pipework should be redone.

Vaillant system boiler (600 series) wires just the same as a combi.

The pump over run is all built in the boiler because the pump is as well.

Or do you mean the open vent 400 series? in which case you will need P/L, SW/L and Pump live.

Might want to look at the new Viessmann Vitodens 100 Compact.

Simple open vented replacement AND no pump overrun needed.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies.i think i will fit a valliant 400 series.On the wiring i will keep the y plan but will the pump only be wired direct to the boiler or in to junction center?Will the switch live be the orange and does this goto connector 4 on the boiler,i can see why i stick to combis alot easier to wire.thanks for any help on this peter

Pump has to be wired (live) back to the boiler pump connector.

All other wires as a normal Y plan.

Thanks dave great help.The vent and cold feed can be connected to the flow before pump ,is there a certain way to pipe it.Sorry for any stupid questions peter

Personally I always fit an aerjec before and higher than the pump.

Make sure you have a 22mm cold feed from the expansion tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back