Leaking pump on a vokera compact 29a

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please
Have vokera combi boiler
Please see attached photo
Pump is leaking by a clip
Just wondered can pumps be changed on combi boiler ( by a professional) or is it usually complete boiler change .
Have changed pumps on older systems with header tank as pump was separate and had isolating valves each side.
Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• trim.E3E69683-AA28-4449-95BE-9DBCE5A33215_Moment_LI.jpg
    trim.E3E69683-AA28-4449-95BE-9DBCE5A33215_Moment_LI.jpg
    813.8 KB · Views: 198
Sponsored Links
you can change the pump , but would be unusuall for it to be leaking from there, are you sure it is not leaking at the auto air vent and running down, the hydro blocks can leak at the seams and can pinhole, might just be an O ring changed many pump heads on these but never the whole pump

That might be a water stain running down the side of the pump from the AAV, not clear in the photo.

If you order a Vokera pump you get the rear housing with it but not the AAV which locates above it.

Have a closer kook at the area behind the top of the pump for staining. Very common if a dirty system.

Not expensive if AAV or you could try to turn the cap off. Pump assembly about £80-£100 I think.

thanks for response and details it is actually a leak i do have a video of it leaking and it can be see as it drips out.....however couldnt upload it due to the data size of the video..... on that photo the drip is just forming ready to drop ...
will load more photos to help with how it fits and looks

Sponsored Links
thanks ianmcd for the video suggestion .... so in trying to get a better video i think i have discovered the leak from an existing valve.. if anyone could advise on what bit it is ( possibly already mentioned in previous posts ) .... never used youtube this way so hopefully the link will work

it starts leaking not long after heating coming on...not as if the system has been on a long time then starts

hmmm never done this before ...however the you tube video details are showing Public... as there is private etc... but i have it as public visibility setting ..
poo,,,
thanks for the prompt heads up .. will look into it

thanks.. appears after changing the visibility setting and clicking on "done".. i should have clicked on the great big SAVE button top right on the screen ..

oh hum...

thanks again and apologies for wasting anyones time

Last edited:
From the small phone screen it looks as though the AAV I'd letting by as Ian suggested. Close the cap, get it replaced, simple job.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
great thanks ianmcd looks straight forward but if you look on the video there looks like a copper rod or thermocouple right in the position where the clip pulls out !! so would be in the way ...can i just disconnect that using what looks like another clip holding that in ?....
Also i take it boilers can be isolated so dont need to drain entire system ?

Attachments

• Vokera Compact 29a Leak          trim.351F2280-3B11-480F-90D9-77A29FC2B97D_Moment.jpg
    Vokera Compact 29a Leak trim.351F2280-3B11-480F-90D9-77A29FC2B97D_Moment.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
That is the Pipe for the pressure guage, yes just pulls out be gentle, as easily snapped , and a tiny bit of silicon grease on the O ring when popping back in, dont use the boiler isolation valves or they will leak, just drain the boiler using the drain off point, best drain off on any boiler in my humble opinion , you will need rags or towels as there will be a little bit of water left but nothing serious , make sure you have properly isolated the cold water inlet and leave a tap open, you have both waters there

Just so I understand and don’t mess anything up
The boiler is downstairs in kitchen
So when you say drain the boiler , without isolating as you have advised ,
I will actually be draining the boiler and the upstairs radiators ? So not to worry if seems to take sometime to drain ?

No just take the pressure out the boiler, the rads will hold on gravity, leave the hose on the drain down point as you work and it will be fine

many thanks ........ closed bleed nipple on AAV and leak stopped so your initial thoughts were totally correct

Many Many thanks ,,much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back