vokera compact 24 boiler leaking. Small inside component

Sponsored Links
Buying parts on E-bay provides no garantee that the part is a genuine part. If the part you fit is not a genuine part it might operate the microswitch at a pressure that is too low. That could compromise the safe operation of the boiler.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
great thank you.
in fact I ordered the replacement part from my local pluming supplies store, org. Vokera part.
Was just to give you the part number and you would have been fine ordering from that site, that part has been superseded and the newer one would fit too , just take your time its not a big job

Hi Ian,
Yeah I guessed that it was simply a "pointer" the the part needed. Thanks ;)
In fact, maybe you can help solve a riddle for me?
It's very hard to get access inside - mostly because the boiler is build into a cupboard recess, so I cannot see very easily, let alone bet my big hands inside.
My question is: Do I simply pull the pressure switch out from it's housing?
I tried this today, very gently indeed, I wriggled it, but it didn't come out. Should I pull harder?
(not seeing very well what I was doing, I didn't want to force it - and break something)

btw: I have removed the locking pin!

O rings can stick after a time i find twisting slightly and pulling at the same time.
Yes mate as Norton says just gently twist it , wont be a problem if you burst the existing O rings as they can get very brittle, make sure you get any broken bits out and a touch of silicon grease on the new switch can work wonders

Yes mate as Norton says just gently twist it , wont be a problem if you burst the existing O rings as they can get very brittle, make sure you get any broken bits out and a touch of silicon grease on the new switch can work wonders

Done it!
Thanks for all offers of advice.
It was tight timing: another 12 hours and I would have had 7 frustrated, cold, and needing washing - German ladies, breathing down my neck!
YIKES!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back