Leaking sink component - replaceable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

Please see attached photos. My kitchen sink has a component which links the surface drainer to the main waste below. The connection of this black plastic component to the steel sink has corroded, and is now leaking slowly.

Photo 1: The component showing the corroded connection.
Photo 2: The waste components it connects to.
Photo 3: How the sink attaches to the component via one screw.

Question 1: Is this a standard fitting that I can replace? Or is it specific to this sink and hard to track down?

Question 2 (on a different topic): Is the white plastic 'trap' shown in photo 2 something that can be unscrewed to remove waste material?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Q1- That'll have a rubber seal between the sink/fitting either the seal rotted or the main screw many not of been tight enough and so been leaking over time.
You won't find out to you remove it.

Most of these type of overflows/drainer are specific to the sink they all vary in size/shape and are not a standard size.

Q2- You can unscrew the base of the trap to clean it out, But hold something below when unscrewing as it will be full of water.

I'd love to find the designer of the Euroline sink and tell him how c*ap I think he is at his job! Chuffing ugly.

Call Leisure and see if they'll let you have one. They're not available as a spare on their own, just the full kit at around a tenner. Possibly a problem if they buy the kits in, though.

Leisure: 01159 464000

Cheers for the advice guys. I'll try and get the parts. If not...

If it is just the seal that's worn, could I refix the same part with some bathroom sealant style stuff in place?

Sponsored Links
yep just remove it and clean it all up then apply some silicon where the gasket was and re attach , it will be fine, dont over do the silicon though as you can block the grills/drain tube

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back