Boiler Compartment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still doing my ACS training and have just moved and haven't got my books at my new house. One of my college tutor's is coming to see me today to go through some things and i think he will ask about my new boiler.

What size in meters cubed (m3) counts as a boiler compartment, as apposed to when does a very large compartment turn into a room???

is it 10m3?

and then if it is a compartment the boiler's in the ventalation goes straight to outside. so is that;

Top vent = 10cm2 per kw net of boiler (after first 7)?

Bottom vent = 20cm2 per kw net of boiler (after first 7)?

yes the boiler is open flued.

and if the compartment/room is big enough to count as a room. i just need one vent

5cm2 per kw net of boiler (after first 7)?

hope i've explained myself well enough, not sure about the vent size's. they could be times 5 and 10 since direct to outside. or if anyone could give me a link tot a page with a table would be handy!! been reading this site for a few months found it to be excellent. thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back