open flue ventilations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question regarding an Ideal Mexico super 2 boiler,

The boiler is in a compartment at the top of the landing, the cupboard door has a vent top and bottom (Bottom vent is large) this vents into the landing, now having read the old Corgi book it says there should be another vent in the hall to the outside which there isn't, however there is a vent in ceiling of the hall into the loft space but is not ducted to the outside.

Whats people thoughts on this, the vent sizes are correct on the door for the KW of the boiler, the vent size in the ceiling is correct if it were going to the outside but it's not.

I work with a plumber and he classed this as NCS, no sign of spillage, flue flow was superb, I didn't ask the plumber too much at the time as customer was kicking about, I have had a read through the Corgi book and by my take on this the ventilation is incorrect so should be AR.

I'm not expected to know this as I'm only there to be the goffer but I like to learn.

Sponsored Links
I would class as AR. If ventilation is undersized, then it's undersized regardless of the pull of the flue.

Sponsored Links
So with the vent dimensions being correct but the vent in the hall terminating in the loft (not to the outside) it is AR right enough.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back