boiler control panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The control panel on my boiler just fell out after recent repairs, it would have fell on the floor if i never caught it, it obviously is still connected as the boiler is working.
Noticed it only cause i put the cover to the dials on as it was off,,,
I thought this was extremely dangerous for the reasons of leaking gas (possibility and electrical fire,,,,
What you guys think???? as i phoned up the repairer and said no-one will come out till monday,,obviously said that wasnt good enough, so they said someone will come out at some point today????? that means not going by previous expierence from them.....what you think of that......

What should i do?????

Sponsored Links
How did you come accross these people?

Are they CORGI and are they well respected in the locality?

Did you pay ( and tip ) them?

Did you make them a cup of tea?

No tea means no come back quickly!

Tony

They are local gas company contracted to the local council for gas and repairs etc,,this is a council house......

this is a council house

That says it all, (no disrespect to you sash)

Recently worked for a few days on council houses, how they get away with so much sub standard work is mind boggling.
(Bailed out very quick when we saw the rates and the problems that needed sorting out)

Unfortunately their contractors rates of pay is so low, they only attract the installers/ service contractors that have no pride in their work.

Its a disgrace how their building inspectors turn a blind eye to shoddy work on council property but nit pick on private domestic work.

Sponsored Links
take a picture of said problem and post it. we don't know without seeing whether it will be ok to use it or not, you haven't even said what model it is
details+pictures= accurate answers ;)

Ferroli Tempra 18 installed 2001,, the entire control falling completely out,only the white outer casing holding it in.............

I would say that if the panel is held securely in some way and the boiler is working it will be fine to use it until someone comes out to check it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back