Boiler Engineer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Are there any decent boiler engineers in the Suffolk area, I need someone to look at my Powermax 185 boiler !

Regards,

Sponsored Links
Assume you have a problem with it....these appliances have a certain notoriety and many engineers are not prepared to cross the threshold when they find out it's a Powermax (check out http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/5202976.stm)

Depending on what the problem is it might be a good idea to contact Baxi's Heateam division who charge a fixed one-off price (covers parts and labour) for breakdowns on their products (Baxi manufacture the powermax range)

Andy

I agree, they are a death trap waiting to happen.

I won't entertain going out to these for any cost.

As said get Heat Team in ;)

Sponsored Links
what powermax are not so bad. the fault find is easy and what i have found is that if u need the clean em replace the seals. what hard about that. also make then buy a carbon mono alarm. if all the test are find you have nothing to worry

Hi,
Are there any decent boiler engineers in the Suffolk area, I need someone to look at my Powermax 185 boiler !

Regards,

I work around parts of Suffolk but the question you asked is much the same as can you find a needle in a haystack!!

Suffolk is 1,466 square miles so some indication of where in Suffolk would need to be added to get even a vague indication!!

I understand the problems with getting an engineer to come out on these units. In the past I managed to find an engineer who worked on them, but he's not around anymore.

I have a leak on the blender valve P757, which connects via three 15mm nuts. It's leaking from the bottom nut that connects the water main directly to the blender.

How easy is it to remove this part, and re-fix to solve the leak ?

Regards,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back