Boiler Exhaust effecting neightbours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Quick question, my new combi boiler exhaust exits next to my neighbours patio, it is at least 1.5m from their patio but they have mentioned that when it fires up it blows condensation all over their washing.

Anyway, can anyone suggest the best/cheapest/easiest way to diffuse the exhaust so as not to cause this issue?

The flue is not directional and exits horizontally from my wall.
I was wondering if a cage or something similar might work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Neil

Sponsored Links
need to know make and model of boiler cage as you call it is a terminal guard and wont make any difference but your boiler may be able to be fitted with a plume management kit dependant on make and model

Boilers should not discharge within 2.5m of someone else's property.

A plume diverter is available for many boilers. The installer should have discussed that with you.

Was the installer gas registered?

In my view his lazyness means that I would expect him to fit it free if you pay for it. They can cost about £80.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Its a Veissmann Vitodens 222-F.

I have not measured it but I am sure its 2.5m from the neighbours but only just.

The boiler was fitted during a loft conversion and was fitted by a registered plumber and was signed off by the local council planning department.

I suspect it does meet all the necessary criteria but some neighbours are never happy.

I will look into the flues was just looking for a simpler way to diffuse the exhaust that I could fit myself, I might simply let the hedge grow a little so it interrupts the exhaust before it gets to the neighbours.

Thanks

Neil

I suspect it does meet all the necessary criteria but some neighbours are never happy.

There's your real problem. I suppose they will be using their patio all through the Winter? ;)

Thats a good boiler, congratulations!

There is probably a 45 ° diverter which is only about 150 mm long and just pushes on to the outlet of the flue. Technically it should be done by an RGI but practically you could do it yourself.

If there is not then the one supplied for the Intergas boiler will probably fit as well.

Its slightly important what the distance is because it changes the complexion of the situation. If less than 2.5 m the an EHO would usually find against you. If more then for you.

As you say some people are never happy and its such a simple problem to solve and you are a responsible neighbour so you can do it.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back