Boiler fault F57

yes its easy your boiler stores its last 10 faults, the engineer will look at its history and will see there is a problem

I have been thinking about this Ian, and some doubts have crept in, seeing that some in this thread seem to imply that the last service was not properly done because of the short time taken. If I were to book a service, I should need to pay £80.00 up front. From then on, I am dependent on the honesty, or otherwise, of the engineer. Having looked at the fault list and the electrode, it's possible he could say, "No, everything is OK." One Vaillant engineer (about three years ago) said, "It looks as if you HAVE HAD a leak", because I was complaining about the pressure keep going down, and the boiler shutting down because of that. He did not say, "There IS a leak". He just finished the service and went. Naturally, the boiler pressure went down again and the boiler shut down again. So, I called Vaillant back, and the next engineer said that the fault was a leaking overflow vessel or tank (I forget the term). Anyway, he replaced it, and the boiler was fine after that. So I know that not all engineers sent by Vaillant are honest. What if the next chap were willing to skip the issue, after I have laid out £80.00? It could be a month or two before it fails again (it's still working, now), after which time, Vaillant might not want to know.

I am more than willing to spend money to keep our boiler fit, but I do want certainty.
L.L.

Sponsored Links
So I know that not all engineers sent by Vaillant are honest.
Its not that they are dishonest, some are more experienced than others, some are just lazy, same as all companies,just mention it to them when they are there, if there is a call back within a certain time, they lose their bonus, so he will change the electrode

Sponsored Links
Its not that they are dishonest, some are more experienced than others, some are just lazy, same as all companies, just mention it to them when they are there, if there is a call back within a certain time, they lose their bonus, so he will change the electrode

Ian, what you tell me is reassuring. I shall book a service. Thanks very much!\L.L.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back