Boiler Fires for hot water but not for heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ChannelPlus XL programmer connected to my boiler, timed for hot water but set to 'on' for heating, my heating is then controlled using a CentaurStat7 thermostat.

Today I'm only getting heating when the boiler fires for hot water. The CentaurStat7. appears to be working, it makes a sort of relay clicking sound when I up the temperature on it, but the boiler won't fire.

If I run the hot tap I get hot water, after a while the boiler fires and I get heating, but only till the hot water is back up to temp.

I'm guessing that the problem is either with the thermostat or the programmer, but both appear to be working.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

JP

Sponsored Links
No it's with the motorized valve actuator, depending on which one you have and the exact reason it is not motoring across to the heating position you may have to replace the motor, or actuator or complete mid position valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back