Boiler Fitters In Preston, Lancs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody recommend a good boiler fitter in the Preston area who takes pride in a high standard of workmanship and quality?
My wife is disabled and will really struggle with any major disruption in the house, so I need to take this into account.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If she is disabled there is a possibility that you could get a grant aided installation through Warmfront !

They are not renown for the quality of their work though!

That costs money!

Tony

Thanks Agile, that's exactly why I haven't gone down the Warm Front route - and I also have a good idea of the boiler I want.
A friend of my wife had hers done by Warm Front and though she was happy that she didn't have to pay the full price (though £3200 for an £800 boiler doesn't seem to compute) she was upset with the amount of mess and take it or leave it attitude of the fitters.

Trouble is I know nobody in the industry or anybody that has used and can recommend someone, and I don't want to take pot luck with the yellow pages. A strong recommendation is always worth the money.

I have been known to go as far as Preston, I'm in Liverpool & a sub contractor to BG. I'll even use their dust sheets so you can tell the neighbours you've got BG in to do the job. :LOL:
emails in my profile.

Sponsored Links
As your wife is disabled and I expect on some benefits there are many grants available which will pay the full costs of any work.

Just because you are having a grant funded job doesn't mean you should get or accept second rate service. Some of the funds pay the installers a handsome fee.

Contact your local council office and enquire which schemes they run, Warmfront, Warmzone, Coldbusters, Home Improvement to name a few.

Warmfront is managed by the Eaga Partnership who have their own engineers called "Iguana". Igg is run and managed by quite a few dis-gruntled ex-BG directors and managers and its primary purpose is to make as much money as possible from the grants. Eaga also have a connection with Ideal so are loathed to offer any other appliance.

The other schemes are generally installed by local installers who will be able and prepared to offer a range of appliance makes, don't forget we all have our favorites. You can't buy a bad boiler, but it can be installed/commissioned/serviced badly to it's detriment.

Request a visit from the installer or direct manager when the initial survey is carried out. This will enable you to discuss your concerns about disruption, it might be that you/wife are hyper sensitive or over concerned. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

until the job is surveyed the question of disruption is an unknown and don't worry about it.

The funds are there so don't pay for what you are entitled too, and you don't have to accept second best. At all stages make it abundantly clear what your needs and expectations are and it will sail through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back