Boiler flue and bathroom vent outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

It's not often I come on here, and maybe I am over-cautious this time, but I can't help feeling there must be some regulation for this question.

I am just about to put in an extractor fan for the bathroom. As the boiler is also in the bathroom (in the airing cupboard), and if I took the most direct route for the extractor vent, there is a likelihood that the boiler flue and extractor vent would be no more than 1m away from each other.

I couldn't help thinking that as boiler flues have to be 'so far' away from windows, doors, rooflines, etc, how far does my bathroom extractor outlet have to be to ensure flue gases don't/can't be blown back down the extractor vent? The vent outlet will have 'flap vent' to prevent back-draft if that helps.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your reply!

Whatever happens, the boiler flue will be lower than the extractor fan. Does that make a difference? :confused:

As mentioned above the boiler flue is in the bathroom and goes straight out the side of the house about 300mm below the ceiling.

It is intended to have the shower extractor mounted in the ceiling and then routed within the loft and out the same gabel end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back