Boiler flue extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction. We've moved to a new house and the neighbour raised an issue with us in regards to our current boiler flue. The exhaust points towards his conservatory window and he'd like us to do something about it.

We had someone in for plumbing work and said the install is legal (he's also a certified gas engineer) but I'd still like to sort this out, legal or not, because I can understand how this can be unpleasant for them. I also forgot to ask him at the time about a possible solution.

I've attached some pictures of the current flue and I was wondering if there's anything we can do to redirect it without too much trouble. The end of it comes off if you unscrew the bits on the sides. Are there vertical extensions I could screw in? At the other end of this it's a worcester boiler.

Pics attached.

Thanks!
George

Attachments

• IMG_2585.JPG
    IMG_2585.JPG
    462.3 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_2587.JPG
    IMG_2587.JPG
    338.5 KB · Views: 178
Sponsored Links
Yes there are diverter kits available - your Gas Safe Registered engineer will know what needs to be ordered. Not a DIY job as it's altering the flue, and you need to carry out combustion analysis and has valve adjustment to ensure safety on completion

Thanks! I wasn't aware of those aspects. I need to service the boiler anyway so I'll be sure to mention this in advance so they can bring the right parts. Thanks again, muggles!

George

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back