Boiler Flue problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone I had a new felt roof 3 layers fitted 9 months ago, my boiler sits below the felt roof and used to have a rubber sleeve, when the new felt roof was fitted they put a felt collar on it not felt rubber sleeve, so now the flue is in a fixed place. I need to change my boiler and flue but cant as the flue is fixed, what are my options can i have a rubber collar sleeve fitted? would this mean peeling back the felt and damage?or could i just change the flue and put a new felt collar on ? any advice would be great thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1454[3297].PNG
    IMG_1454[3297].PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1455[3301].PNG
    IMG_1455[3301].PNG
    893 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1457[3307].PNG
    IMG_1457[3307].PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 200
Sponsored Links
A rubber collar can be fitted when they install the new flue

How can the rubber collar be fitted? Does the felt need peeling back 3 layers? Back to wooden boards? Or is the rubber collar fitted over felt? Thanks

Sponsored Links
The boiler will come with a flat roof flashing and differ between manufacturers. The installer would normally deal with this as it will be done as the flue is fitted.

Not sure if you have an installer yet but I'm sure they'd be happy to discuss and explain.

How can the rubber collar be fitted? Does the felt need peeling back 3 layers? Back to wooden boards? Or is the rubber collar fitted over felt? Thanks

It would be fitted over the felt, but as denso said leave it with the installer they should deal with it. And they should be able to advise you how they deal with it

Thanks all for advice I’m just wondering once fitted through the flat roof does the flue ever need removing in future ie for servicing or checking or does it just stay in place, currently the flue has never been needed to be removed only now as I’m changing boiler? Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back