Boiler flues and insulated render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're about to undertake a large rendering programme in an effort to increase the SAP ratings on the properties concerned. I'm currently discussing how we deal with the issue surrounding boiler flues. If we render up to the flues then there's a chance we might have to increase the length of boiler flues. There is no specific requirement in part J rlating to the length of boiler flues and my view is that length of flue will be interpreted from manufacturers technical data. However I don't want to go down the road of altering flues and my preferred approach would be to place a larger collar round the flue and render up to the collar only. Does anyone know of a reason why this approach would be unacceptable? I'm posting this in the building and the Gas section because I'd be interested in getting both gas expertise and opinions from anyone who has encountered this problem during building works. Incidently we're using a 60mm phenolic insulation to comply with the new building regs requirements.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back