Boiler Flume pipe disconnected Urgent advice needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having a problem with my roof leaking. Its recently been fixed but went up in to loft today as had been heavy raining just to check it was fixed. whilst up in loft I noticed that what I believe is the flume pipe from boiler that goes up through house in to loft and out roof had disconnected and is now dangling. see attached photo.
This really worried me as have young children and with pipe not connected surely fumes are going in to loft and house instead of outside.

I have opened all windows to ventilate house and have brought children down stairs away from loft.

My question is how do I fix this. Is it some thing I can fix my self, can I just push pipe back on to connecter going out through roof, I'm afraid if I do that it will just fall down again. does it need special tape or one of those large steel hose clamps that go round pipe and you can tighten?

Am I better off calling some one out to fix it, I rent through housing association but they are awful at doing repairs, its taken then over a year just to fix roof. would these be seen as a emergency repair.

I'm really concerned about carbon monoxide. Should I turn off boiler until fixed leaving us without hot water?

sorry for so many questions any advice much appreciated,

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It's soil vent pipe (drainage), not from the boiler. You could push it back on and seal with tape.

Sponsored Links
Get it done soon though, otherwise your loft might start to smell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back