BOILER GLOW WORM 24cxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the above boiler, to which has been loosing pressure every day, I have topped the pressure up to 1bar, as on my boiler I don’t have any fault codes, it just indicates that the system has lost pressure and the red light flashes, I have checked around to see if there are any leaks, and cannot see any that are visible, as surely there would be about a bowls worth to loose pressure, also there are no leaks with-in the boiler that I can see.
It has been fitted with a mag filter and when I checked it the other day there wasn’t much sludge in the at all.

Any help or suggestions of would it could be please , and what I can check to rectify the problem or find out what the problem could be, as I know on a few years ago there was some new parts fitted within the boiler, also the boiler is about 10 years old

many thanks for any help and suggestions

Sponsored Links
Is water dripping from the pressure relief pipe,situated outside the property?
Does pressure gauge show higher pressure ,around 3 bar ,when boiler is operating , particularly when central heating is in use ?
Are any c/heating pipes buried in concrete ?
If the answer is NO ,to all the above questions I would suspect the heat exchanger is pin holed.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply very much appreciated.
I can check the pipe, and also check what pressure is in the boiler when heating is on, but not at hone at moment but when I get back I will check that and come back to you

Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply very much appreciated.
I can check the pipe, and also check what pressure is in the boiler when heating is on, but not at hone at moment but when I get back I will check that and come back to you
I have edited / added to my first post whilst you where replying ,just in case you missed it.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I noticed that the carpet had a damp patch in the hallway, and removed the carpet and lifted up a couple of the floor boards and noticed the pipe has a leak in it, so replaced the pipe yesterday, and fingers crossed the pressure has stayed up, many many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply very kind and nice of u, and very very much appreciated THANK YOU SO MUCH….

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back