Boiler has trapped air? after adding 4 radiators. help pls!

Not that I can see. I just took a long look and can only see the three pipes as mentioned before. Unless the pipes are entering the boiler from underneeth then its only 2 water pipes.

I don notice however that where the pump is I can see 2 22mm copper pipes which are the ones going to the boiler. I can also see 2 more lead pipes going in the same direction. I've no idea what these are for. Perhaps the mains water supply I think. The floor where the boiler is sitting is concrete so cant look underneath.

I'm out of ideas now. I'm thinking Its time to call the heating man tomorrow?

Sponsored Links
its just you say you have to have hw on to get heating.

thats gravity hw pumped heating.
that will have 4 pipes.
and the pump won't run when hw only on.
fully pumped has 2 pipes.

where your hw cylinder direcly above your boiler ?
the gas pipe i can see going into gas valve looks like steel.

I think thats right. we have a main heating control with timer which controls when the boiler is on. Then an additional control on the boiler itself which I thought controlled the heating temperature. This can be set from 1 to 7 and off.

I am however confused on how the boiler heats the cylinder. hmm.

the cylinder is not directly above the boiler however its on the 1st floor. Yes you are correct it is steel when you look at the front of the boiler but is copper 15mm at the rear.

I'm probably confusing you more than me now!! lol.

I think I'm going to give up for the night. Many thanks for the help. I'll be back!

right, back again for another day. Has the heating man round and he suggested replacing the pump to see if that was th problem. And guss what.... it wasn't. So no hot water is coming out of the boiler at all and he guy said the boiler is beyone repair. He is guessing the heat exchanger is broken.

I'm not convinced! Any suggestions from here?

I'm going to try to flush the boiler out by connecting a hose to the feed and return hopefully removing any trapped air or gunk.

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
guy said the boiler is beyone repair. He is guessing the heat exchanger is broken.

I'm not convinced! Any suggestions from here?

I'm going to try to flush the boiler out by connecting a hose to the feed and return hopefully removing any trapped air or gunk.

Thoughts?
He is guessing all right - and I`m guessing he`s in need of a Glasgow kiss :LOL: Also , you are on the right lines with forcing mains water into system - just have someone in the loft watching the feed tank incase it is overcome by the volume of water :idea: Good Luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back