Boiler help Baxi advanta exclusiv 35c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I noticed that the pressure in the boiler had dropped slightly so went to top it up. I could hear the water going into the boiler bit the needle on the pressure gauge didn't move. Put a bit more in.....nowt the needle still didn't move. Thought forget and tapped it and went in the shower. Looked and the needle had gone up to 3 bar so thought that it most have stuck so bled a radiator until I got it to 1 bar. Looked yesterday night and the pressure had dropped a little but the needle didn't go up when I turned the hot water on. So I fired up the rads as I know that the needle would move. Rads on for half hour but the needle didn't shift. Since the rads have been on the needle has overnight gone to 0. I presume that it's still safe to use at 0 as I dont know how much water is in there due to the needle not shifting when I try to top it up. Could it be a faulty gauge or faulty expansion vessel or both? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry. Looks like I've posted in the wrong area. Admin please feel free to delete. First time poster.....

Sponsored Links
Back