Boiler help please!

T

Tommo91

I received this text from a tenant:

Hi Tom. Nipped home at lunch and tried boiler again. There are no warning lights showing and the overheat lockout wasn't locked out. Pressure is about 2.8 bar. Hot water & heating lights are lit, burner on light is not lit. Tried running the heating for 5 mins but no heat. Tried running the hot water for 5 mins but no hot water. I can hear the boiler working but it isn't warm. I would say the burner is at fault but I can see no way to restart it other than the reset switch on the front. I have tried this and the overheat lockout button underneath with no success.

The boiler is a halstead ace combi boiler. Had no problems with it before.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I was hoping someone could help on here and point me in the right direction first. If you have nothing useful to say I'd rather you not comment.

Sponsored Links
Tight fisted landlords you should of had someone there straight away instead of searching the web for a quick fix i feel sorry for tennants like yours!

Landlords take up that occupation in order to make money.

Not spending money is part of that activity.

When they die they discover that after a lifetime of not spending money they cannot take it with them!

Call a professional. Thats not a very good boiler and overdue for replacement with an Intergas.

Tony

Why the **** would I call a professional when it could just be a simple reset job? If I didn't care then I wouldn't be looking for an answer would I. Dan I think you need to get a life mate, 25k posts , that's over 10 a day, easy done though I guess if your just trolling people on here instead of actually helping people.
Boiler is regularly serviced as is all electrical appliances and I am a very good landlord, I wouldn't have tenants in the same accommodation for over 8 years if I "didn't care"

I registered on here for help but your all just a set of ****ing losers who have nothing better to do than sit on here all day and night.
If you don't know the answer simply don't comment.

The boiler's regularly serviced yet you seem to think 2.8 bar pressure is normal. :rolleyes:

Yawn.

Actually I, and I am sure several others here have a good idea what the problem might be.

But, you pratt, your tenant has already reset the POS boiler as you have disclosed in your opening post. :rolleyes:

Now sort your tenant out and pay a professional in order that you uphold your contract with your paying tenant and give the poor sod some heating and hot water back.

Now run along, there's a good boy;).

P.S> - my thanks count should give you an idea of how helpful I can be :p

I agree with you Dan Robinson is nothing but a troll that contributes nothing at all to the forum :rolleyes:

I mean its not like he puts his spare time into a big database for us to use free of charge or anything is it?

Your a ****ty landlord with a stick up your arse get it fixed properly,

Also for a set of losers that put in our free time to help people for free, god we are horrible bastards.

So if I lied on my original post and said it was my boiler at home it would have made a difference??
And tightfisted?.... What makes me different to anyone else on here asking for advice? Nothing.

Helping for free? So you rely on people not asking for professionals then? ****ing hypocrite

tightfisted?.... What makes me different to anyone else on here asking for advice? Nothing.

The fact that some poor sod is paying you money to live in a property you own with no hot water or heating. Possibly already for a few days.

We like to help people, it stretches the ol' grey cells - like an athlete warming down.

In the case of this thread - it is the poor fooker without hot water we are helping. Not some tightarse slum landlord.

I posted on another site and then on here pretty much as soon as I got that text. I do have full time work too. Your been extremely judge mental. Example; when the tenant broke the lock and door I got a locksmith out that saw day and paid for all costs which I an not acutely obliged to do. Within their contract it states that they are responsible for damages or breakages to electrical items, I bought a new dishwasher for a tenant when they broke the other one. I am not at all tight or whatever else you like to call me. I don't even know why you jumped on me to argue. If you had nothing decent to say, why bother. Cun7

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back