Boiler ignition frequently locking out. Any expert help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Halstead boiler. It's ignition keeps locking out, leaving a red light on which indicates that a reset is required. It starts to work shortly afterwards but locks out again after working for a couple of hours.
Any idea what the problem is and what to do to rectify it will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
No model is stetd in front of it so unable to identify itseact model.

Sponsored Links
Sorry about the typos.
I meant: No model details/information is stated on the boiler apart from the fact that it is a Halstead one. I also don't have any manual/paperwork as it came with the house 2yrs ago.

at least give a description of the dials. is it combi etc.big clue hot water cylinder :?:

No its not a Combi. It has a hot water cylinder and a brass couloured sealed expansion unit attached to it if that helps in anyway.
The whole front is not visible except for the red button which has a light for when it is locked. It has a sticker next to it saying if ignition lock out, turn temperature to its highest, turn boiler on and then press reset button.

Could be a Halstead Best, but can only guess from your post.

The usual, but not definate, thing on these to go is the ignition board.

Needs someone in to diagnose in front of it to be fairly sure.

I can now confirm that its a Halstead Best 50 model. Just seen some old service document. Any idea what the problem might be?

Any idea how much it might cost to change the ignition board?

As said previously, the ignition board is a common fault, but it is not always this.

My price to replace this is £227 + VAT :eek:

I wouldn't recommend diving straight in and replacing it without diagnosing the fault first.

Thanks Dave.

Any other ideas from other experts out there?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back