Ideal mini s24 locking out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hoping I can find some help. Ideal mini s24. Keeps locking out after working for about an hour. Reset puts boiler back on makes all the right noises but no spark or ignition. Turn off main switch for a while, turn back on and will ignite for another hour. In lock out 3 lights are as follows both green(1 and 3) flashing slowly and red light in middle on solid. Had a boiler installer pal out, he changed thermistor,seemed to work but only that night. According to book lights point to pcb? Want to be sure before ordering one as not cheap and don’t want to be changing parts that are not to blame. Had a look at pcb and looks good as new. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links
0AFBACC5-A8BF-4427-AACB-D768E42DA8CA.png
Lack of burner ignition. You need a gas engineer to have a look

Yeah I can see that in the book too. Also looking at troubleshooting section, sequence of lights seems to point to pcb fault. I'm actually gas safe registered but have little knowledge of boilers, just cookers range masters etc. I just don't want to pay for another guesser to come out and charge me for parts boiler doesn't need! If you know a good gas engineer in East Kilbride ,South Glasgow area I'd be delighted to know

Sponsored Links
Thought I was in combustion chamber. Response scrubbed
Suggest you get a heating engineer in to fix the problem

Intermittent faults are a PITA

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back