Boiler in Airing Cupboard? Help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I currently have a vintage Myson Apollo boiler, and am looking to change it for a combi condensing Vaillant or similar.
The Apollo is wall mounted in my airing cupboard, 1st floor and not on an external wall. It is flued straight up through the loft and out the roof.
To replace this in it's current position, I trust I would need a new flue through the loft. Would scaffolding be required here?
Also I would need a condensate pump and pipe through the loft to a drain point. Also a new 22mm gas supply from the meter, as currently it is only 15mm. This would be a 10m run approximately.
The other option is to re site the boiler, possibly to my kitchen. This is 2m from the gas supply, and is on an outside wall, although only 1.5m from my neighbour's garden. With this option, the radiator pipes would have to be run from the kitchen, back to the airing cupboard. ie through the ceiling and under the floorboards. That's my best guess anyway.
Any advice on my best option here? I imagine either way will be reasonably expensive.
As pretty much a novice, I could be missing some basics here.
Any info greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back