Country
United Kingdom
ive just received a quote of £4397 exc VAT for

1. drain/flush system
2. remove existing boiler
3. supply/install vaillant ecotec boiler
4. remove current hot water cylinder/replace with fast recovery hot water tank
5. convert system to fully pumped
6. fit cylinder thermostat, 2 channel programmer and wireless programmable room thermostat
7.Boiler condense pipework piped to shower waste
8.gas service externally piped to new boiler location
9.system wired, corrosion proofer added and system tested

is this a little expensive

Sponsored Links
What size ecotec boiler?, what size cylinder? (BTW the price of copper has rocketed lately!). There may need to be two operatives needed to carry out the powerflush, mount the boiler etc. Spark required for updating the controls.

Costs soon mount and the installer has to offer a reasonable maintenance period.

He also has to make a living (taking into account such things as, transport, insurances, pensions, comms, accountants, holiday pay, depreciation on tools/van, Gas training every five years...)

AND, Tesco, ASDA, et al do not sell their potatoes at the same price they buy them for either.

dh

If I was not so busy I would look to do that job at say, £4397 inc VAT....

I would respectfully suggest therefore that you get at least another two quotes, and look seriously at the middle price - assuming price is the over-riding factor. Reputation and congeniality go a long way in this kind of dealing, and it is a two way street. See if they offer to take off muddy boots before being asked to, and a mug of tea (ta, mines no sugar thanks) upon arrival eases things mightily.

DH

Sponsored Links
where are you and how quick do you need it? If you can wait till after Christmas I reckon I could beat that

for £500 less than that i'd come up from southampton to do it!!

thats more than we charge for a whole system with 7 rads!!

My rule of thumb quote comes to about £2830 inc !

Although we have one of those boilers in stock, we are in London and you are in the Cambridge area!

Oddly because Cambs is an up market area ( as long as you dont go to the NE gipsy areas. ) I expect going rates are probably higher than London where there is a lot of competition.

Tony

I'd have to with agree with Tony.

I'd say it's about £1500 over priced. £1000 allowing for me to travel from Norwich.

But then I would never willingliy fit another Vaillant, only Broag

the price you have been given is top heavy looking at the responses you could be in luck

Why have a 2 channel prog and a programmable stat - unless your having 2 heating zones - then 2 prorammable stats would make more sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back