BOILER INTESA, ;ARISTON;TP23GC 47-116-32

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I,V GOT AN INTESA BOILER, AND HAVE HAD IT FOR ABOUT 18 MONTHS AND IT HAS BEEN WORKING FINE, UNTIL LAST NIGHT WHEN WE HAD REALLY HEAVY RAIN AND STRONG WINDS,WEHAVE HAD THIS BEFORE BUT IT DID NOT EFFECT IT ONLY THIS TIME I THINK IT HAS, WHEN I SWITCH THE HOT WATER ON THE PUMP RUNS BUT THE BOILER WONT IGNIGHT, IT IS THE SAME WITH THE CENTRAL HEATING,PUMP RUNS BUT NO IGNITION,IT CLICKS LIKE IT WANTS TO IGNIGHT BUT DOES NOT

Sponsored Links
If it's sparking then I would look at the gas valve not opening.

In view of the heavy rain clue I would follow that to the possibility of water getting into the boiler and causing a malfunction.

On older boilers it was often something as simple as water in the APS tubes. Later boilers could have different causes or even something as simple as ignition spark shorted to earth.

If you put a fan heater underneath it just possibly might help it to dry out and start a few hours later.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I moved into our house just over three years ago. The previous owner fitted an an intesa combi boiler as part of the renovation (to sell). Ive had this same problem with the weather stopping it igniting. Its gone again now and im now just going to get a new boiler. Ive had the flu looked at and all the installation and apparently its fine. I now convinced its just a useless boiler. This is the eighth time in three years.

This is not the only forum with people complaining about a broken intesa boiler unfortunatly. Sorry.

they are not that old yet i wouldn't give up, you just need someone who knows whats what to sort it. A lot cheaper than a new boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back