Boiler issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had problems with the hot water on a viessman 100wb1b. It is about 8 years old but have only owned it for 3. I had a magnetic filter added last year. But suspected flate plate was getting clogged.

Heating engineer changed the rubber hoses in the boiler but then started it by turning on hot water. It overheated then threw an f2 fault.

Was advised to fire up after a few hours using central heating. It needed a reset but then ran ok for 2 hours but is now throwing an FC fault.

Heating engineer replaced flate plate as he seemed to think glow would fix the problem but I wasn't sure how that would affect the fan.

He has now admitted he doesn't know how to fix it other than keep changing parts.

I'm trying to decide whether to risk a reconditioned PCB for a 100 and fan for 70 or write it off and replace. Things being as they are right now I'm wary of big spending as I have work until Dec but nothing after that.

I wonder whether overheating could have put more strain on the components etc but the fan is not spinning up at all right now so obviously have no heat or hot water at all.

I wondered whether anyone has some advice or experience with this fault?

Any thoughts appreciated

Sponsored Links
Back