Boiler keeps turn on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Some help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Worcester Greenstar 18i boiler with a unvented hot water cylinder. I have two issues with my central heating system:

1. When the hot water is switched on, a few of the radiators get very hot. I think this is due to a faulty diverter?? Please can someone confirm.

2. When the central heating is on, the display on the boiler shows the system temperature. As it heats up, the temperature increases. Once it reaches the desired temp, the boiler stops heating and switches off. The system temp starts to decrease quite quickly and within a few minutes the boiler will start back up again. So essentially, my boiler is constantly turning on every 5 mins or so. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Could it be because of the faulty diverter?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
You dont have a diverter valve, you have either S plan 2 x Zone valves or Y plan 1 x 3 port valve, a diverter valve is a different thing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back