Boiler Location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am intending to replace my ancient Thorn boiler with a new wall mounted combi and doing away with the header tanks and cistern which will in turn allow me to increase the size of my bath room.

While I am going to employ a CORGI plumber to install the boiler, I need some advise on where the boiler can be sited so I can design the layout of the boiler room.

Are there any restrictions or minimum distances on how close a boiler can be located next to a sink. I am not intending to have the sink under the boiler or anything, but the boiler room is quite small.

It will be on an outside wall to allow for the flue and there will be sufficient space above and below the boiler.

Its just the sink thing thats bothering me

Any help out there?

Sponsored Links
Personally, I don't know, and if I did then of course I'd tell you, but why don't you ask the RGI that you intend to engage later on?

Softus said:
Personally, I don't know, and if I did then of course I'd tell you, but why don't you ask the RGI that you intend to engage later on?

Softus is quite correct..............he doesn`t know...The location of your boiler will almost always always depend on Manufacturers Instructions, as a guideline it will have to be at least 300mm from an openable window & 50-250mm below eaves or guttering,it can be installed in a bathroom but in certain zones.It must be located so as to ensure serviceability. The distance from front cover to any obstruction varies with different boilers. Some also require ventilation if fitted within a compartment ;)

put in the roof and have all the extra room available . :) vertical flue and out of the way .. :)

MOD 2

edit that sig please

Sponsored Links
2face said:
put in the roof and have all the extra room available . :) vertical flue and out of the way .. :)

MOD 2

edit that sig please

Happy Days! gas run could be a challenge :cry:

As Softus states...

'why don't you ask the RGI that you intend to engage later on'

The RGI being the CORGI you talk about (Registered Gas Installer). He/She is qualified to deal with the question but is also aware that as Bamber gaspipe states...

'The location of your boiler will almost always always depend on Manufacturers Instructions'.

The MI's (Manufactures Instructions) take precedence (almost always) over Corgi Regs. But your CORGI/RGI 'should' know this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back