Combi boiler location and regulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again.

I want to get a corgi installer to connect up my boiler that I intend to install the water and leccy for. I want to install the boiler very close an external door. I have been told that this is a no-no.

Is there a corgi web page that outlines preferred locations of boilers. I have been to the corgi-gas.com pages and couldn't find what I was looking for.

If there is a problem having a boiler close to an exterioi door, does any one know the reason?

Dale

Sponsored Links
Depends on the combi! Call the manufacturer. Some are 100mm, some 300.

Depends on the flue, a basic balanced flue is 300mm and a fan flue down to as little as75mm, but the final word is in the manufacturers instructions which overrule the basic regs .mind you if any Corgi eng can still class it as at risc at a latter date if he has good reason, such as getting a face full of fumes when testing the boiler with the door open even if its the correct distance away , he would have to give good reason.

Sponsored Links
I want to put the boiler in a kitchen wall cupboard [just to hide it]. The cupboard would be on a wall to the left of the wall where the door is. The door frame closest to the boiler will be 300mm. Normal operation would have the cupboard closed.

The installation doc that the manufacturer has kindly sent me makes no explicit exclusions for location [other than to be fitted with minimum distances for servicing].

I guess I will call them and ask...explicitly

Thnaks for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back