Will boiler in the bathroom pass corgi inspection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a boiler installed in the bathroom above my bath. I'm unsure if corgi will pass an inspection due to its location. However I have been told that if I close the boiler in, i.e. make a cupboard arond it, this is allowed.

Can anyone shead any light on this situation, I need a corgi certificate ASAP, and I am unable to get the boiler moved to another location.

Thanks,

KillaBeez

Sponsored Links
Providing your boiler is a room sealed appliance you can place it in a bathroom.

If your boiler requires mains electricity it cannot go in the zones around a bath refer to BS7671

.... unless the electrical parts are enclosed to the relevant index of protection (IP) and are also inaccessible to a person using the bath, and are accessible only with the use of a key or tool (screwdriver etc)

So building a cupboard around it with a locked door, would meet requirements.

Post in electrics UK for more info

Just to add a few words to the last post.

Providing the boiler is IPX4, under BS-EN 7671 it can be fitted in the bath area but not directly under a shower.

Similarly, if it is IPX4 rated it does not have a requirement to be boxed in, as the insulation protection is deemed to be appropriate.

Most modern condensers are IPX4, check the specifications.

Having said all this - which is relevant for CP12s because the LLs are primarily interested in the boiler passing rather than safety - my company and I would not advocate fitting an unprotected boiler in a bathroom, IPX4 or otherwise.....

Sponsored Links
and of course the fact that the worst a corgi can do is class it as ncs means there's not much to worry about for a landlord cert.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back