selling house - boiler not registered with buildings regulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

we are in the process of selling our house and have a interested buyer. However, searches reveal that the boiler has not been registered with building regulation. Obviously the buyer is not happy about thus.

The boiler was installed in 2012 and we have the manual; the corgi guy who installed it has filled in his details in the back benchmark section. However I have been unable to locate him and he is no longer a registered installer. I tried finding him on the corgi website but he's not there

Any advice on what I can do?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Corgi still exists but hs nothing to do with gas safety.
My first advice is to say please when asking for help.........

This public forum sucks!

CORGI was replaced by Gas Safe in April 2009. If your installer was claiming to be CORGI registered, there's a chance he may not have actually been correctly registered to carry out the installation.

Your annual service certificates should suffice, or failing that a new safety certificate. Getting the boiler registered with Building Control at this stage is a bit laborious

Sponsored Links
Tell them that the boiler doesn’t know that it isn’t registered and, amazingly!, It has still been providing you with warmth and hot water for the last 6 years! :rolleyes:

Any advice on what I can do?
What has your solicitor or conveyancer told you,just asking as dont want to duplicate what ever you have already been told :idea:.

Purchased a property last year with no gas boiler notification for a recently installed boiler :!:

I think what they are trying to say is:- tell your potential buyer/tyre kicker to either pay the price as is or take a running.

Tell them that the boiler is not included in the sale as it wants to move with you........or you can leave it if they stop asking stupid questions.

These questions are only for solicitors to justify their fees.

Andy

Thanks everyone. Have agreed to get a gas safety certificate in lieu

You'll know to check the installer next time, what to say to purchasers in the future, and what to check for when you buy next time as well.

Good lesson learnt I suspect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back