Installer threatening to deregister my boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to get hold of the building regulations compliance certificate of the boiler installer. I also have a problem in that the installation benchmark form has not been filled out. The boiler was installed from the previous house owner in 2014. After tracking down the installer they have just registered the boiler installation with Gas Safe Register and now want to charge me £80 + VAT for them to send the cert for me. They say they can't help with the empty benchmark form as they had a system upgrade / third party liquidation. I've sent an annoyed email to them as I know the certificate only costs £6 to get from Gas Safe Register. They are now claiming that I have had an engineer work on a gas pipe in the house and therefore they are threatening to de-registered the boiler. Can they do this? What do you suggest I do about this issue.

Many many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Yes definitely worth calling Gas Safe. They will sent the heavy team and have a stern talk with the installer and tell him to sit on the naughty step for five minutes

Sponsored Links
What does that mean?

The installation benchmark form has not been filled out. They say they don't always fill it out and instead complete an online version of the form but because of this party issues /company liquidation / system upgrade they no longer have the online version........

It’s not a matter of pass the buck - but rather a transfer of responsibility (and therefore culpability) - no matter what logo is on the corporate correspondence!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back