Building Regulation Compliance certificates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should my installer have organised the Building Regulation Compliance certificates for my new Boiler and heating system or is it up to me to sort it out?
Looking to rent the property out in th future so need to get it sorted out.
After previous work the cert has arrived a couple of weeks later. I just assumed my previous (now retired) plumber sorted it because it was part of the Gas safe process??

Ta for looking.

Sponsored Links
Yes the installer should have done it. A lot of installers don't, or forget, or whatever. The T@xm@n watches them... :rolleyes:
They're supposed to be done at the time but can be done late

How long ago did the boiler go in?
Was it commisioned properly with filled out benchmark sheet?

Boiler installed in November.

I have not seen any benchmark sheet??

He is Gas Safe registered as i checked up his number prior to giving him the go ahead. Photo matched etc.

Sponsored Links
I have not seen any benchmark sheet??
That makes it technically an illegal install. You are now perfectly justified in calling out an inspector from Gas Safe Register as the boiler has not been proven to work safely.

Hi, I didn't want to start a new thread and came across this one which is almost identical to my problem. I do indeed have a Benchmark test sheet and gas safety cert from the engineer that fitted the boiler however they have not registered the installation for my BRCC I have asked them to do it but as yet nothing.

The engineer is a friend of a friend and I'd rather not "rock the boat" unless I really have to but gas safe are telling me my home insurance is likely to be void and that my installation is illegal.

What worries me is that Gas Safe are being sensationalist because as someone has already mentioned "the Taxman" watches for BRCC registration.

Can anyone offer some advice on what my best course of action is please.

Many thanks in advance.

Jon

You need to insist that your installer notifies the boiler install properly.

Gas Safe may be making it sound sensational but what they say about your insurance is true.

The installer must notify the installation through the Gas Safe website, for example, this is then 'passed' on to Building Control and makes the installation legal for insurance purposes, at least.

A gas safety cert is not the same as a notification certificate. The notification comes by post from Gas Safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back