Can unvented HW cylinder & gas boiler be notified togeth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I would be grateful if you would kindly answer the following 2 questions for me?

1. Can both an unvented hot water cylinder and a gas boiler installtion be notified together to the Gas Safe Register for the issue of Building Regulations compliance certificates? I ask this, as I would assume that the Gas Safe Register would only be interested in the gas side of the installation and not the cylinder aspect of the installation.

2. Does the Gas Safe Register issue the Building Regulations complicance certificates themselves in their own name or do they notify the Local Authority Building Control department so that they can issue them from there? If so, are the gas and unvented cylinder installations shown on just one certificate or would they have separate certificates?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Mutley56

Sponsored Links
if your competent in both categories just notify through your CPS provider like we do (we use napit) and don't bother with gascarp!

Thanks for response kevindgas,

I am not a gas engineer, I am a householder who has just had a gas boiler and HW cylinder installed but with some unclear guidance from the gas installer re: the boiler and cylinder notification. So I am seeking clarity on the procedures involved in notifying the work for building regs compliance certs.

Can you consider the matter again and let me know in lay-mans terms what the procedure is and what I can epect to receive?

Thanks again.

Mutley56 :D

He should be able to notify both through GSR, as long as the site is up and running ;)

Sponsored Links
sorry I thought you was the installer :oops:

the installer should have a CPS (comp persons scheme) registration body (ours is Napit)

all we have to do is log in
enter your property details
enter the installation details boiler make model etc then add the cylinder and finally pay up the fee (last year £2.50) haven't done one this year yet!

in a instant we get a Notification number

then in about 3-4 weeks you should receive a blue Building Control form from the local council with all the details on it.

its that simple (so long as the website is working correctly LOL)

Thanks a lot kevindgas and gas4you,

I understand the procedure now and what I should expect to receive. Out of interest, the card he showed me for the unvented cylinder work was issued by the NICEIC - same as the electrician's card who rewired our house.

Thanks again, this forum is a great place to be able to ask for sound advice from professionals like yourselves.

Mutley56 :D

There are a few approval schemes around for unvented cylidners (my card is a BPEC one), just check the card actually says unvented cylinders on it.

Thanks muggles and kevindgas,

Thanks for your replies. I recall that the reverse of the NICEIC card had written unvented in small letters.

Thanks again.

Mutley56

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back