Unvented hot water cylinder - does it need notification?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be grateful for your advice concerning a Megaflo unvented hot water cylinder.

I've had a Megaflo cylinder installed. I saw the installer's card showing that he was qualified to carry out unvented work, it was issued by the NICEIC. He did complete the small card that was supplied with the Megaflo cylinder showing the product serial number, installer's licence number etc.

My question is this, is the installer meant to notify the installation to anyone for building regulation compliance purposes. If so, should I therefore expect to receive a certificate stating that it complies with buidling regualtions?

Thank you very much for the time taken to view and reply to this post, its much appreciated.

Mutley56 :D

Sponsored Links
yes it should be notified - but nobody gives a stuff apart from over zealous solicitors. so long as you can show something that has an approved G3 installers details I doubt anyone will worry.

this is just an opinion and that is all :LOL:

Thanks for that kevindgas. Am I correct to assume that the installation should have been notified to the local authority building control department for certification?

Sponsored Links
Yes, either directly by the registered installer, or via a competent persons scheme.

Thanks a lot for the advice gas4you.

I'll contact the installer and ask him to notify the installation presumably through the NICEIC scheme that he is registered with. I don't exactly know how to ask him to notify the work as I don't want to appear to be critisising him for not notifying the work in the first place - presumablly he may have done this to save himself some money ??? Any tips on how to approach the subject without getting on the wrong side of him ???

Would I then expect to receive a building regs complicance certificate ?

Thanks a lot for your continued interest in this thread.

you could ring him and say something along the lines of

I haven't received the blue form from the local authority for my unvented cylinder install yet, could you chase it up please.

that way you put the ball back in his court so to speak and hopefully it will gee him up to do it.

and the fee for notification is only about £2.50!!

Hey kevindgas thanks for the approach for me to use for getting him to notify the unvented installation.

I'll definately do that, and I'd have given him the £2.50 in the first place if that's all that stopped him registering it intitially !!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back