Buildings regulations boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

we are in the process of selling our house and have a interested buyer. However, searches reveal that the boiler has not been registered with building regulation. Obviously the buyer is not happy about thus.

The boiler was installed in 2012 and we have the manual; the corgi guy who installed it has filled in his details in the back benchmark section. However I have been unable to locate him and he is no longer a registered installer. I tried finding him on the corgi gas safe website but he's not there

Any advice on what I can do?

Sponsored Links
We had the same, paid for a gas safety check and that was acceptable, might have to add a indemnity if the buyers are really worried

Ok thanks, will suggest that. Bte sorry for the duplicate threads. My first post want displaying so that's why I created a second.

Sponsored Links
2012 and we have the manual; the corgi guy who installed
Corgi was replaced with Gas Safe in 2009, long before your boiler was installed.

As for the lack of notification - far too late to do anything about it now.

The buyers should be more concerned on whether it is safe, regularly serviced, etc. rather than some possibly forgotten administrative thing from 6 years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back