Boiler Mate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just found a house I may wish to purchase, but the one thing that is worrying me is that though the house is only 3 years old it is fitted with a Boiler Mate heating system. Reading previous posts this system does not seem very reliable etc. Am I right to be concerned????

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I have one in my house. Apart from new ntc's about every 18 months it has so far behaved well.

The main Boilermates that were real problems were the older Boilermate 2's.

When working the newer ones do work very well, but I do not think they are very efficient for gas usage on your boiler though.

sludge buckets is the common term for them. They are very rarely flushed correctly nor inhibited in new builds, not very efficent as gas4you says but in itself not a reason to not buy a house-just knock 3 grand off the price!

I may be wrong here, but i'm pretty sure Gledhill -the manufacturer of the BoilerMate- have gone bust....it may be difficult to get spares in the future. If the house is only 3 years old I assume it will have something like a boilermate 2000/systemate installed, if this is the case, the pumps will easily be available, and the plate heat exchanger in them can always be cleaned, but im not sure how easy it will be to source parts like the PCB in the future...I may be wrong though.

Anyone else heard that Gledhill have gone bust?

Sponsored Links
They did, but they are now up and running as two seperate company's. Service and sales.

I've had no problems getting spares since the break up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back