Megaflow tank location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just after a bit of advice.

Just looking at replacing our heating system. At the moment we have an oil fired boiler with cold water tank in the loft, hot water tank in the airing cupboard etc.

What i would like to change to is a megaflow system with under floor heating to the ground floor, cast iron rads upstairs.

My question is this; the Plummer who has quoted me said he will install the hot water tank next to the boiler in the utility room which is on the ground floor.

I understand the system is a pressurised system but I am concerned about the flow/ pressure in the upstairs showers. In our old house we had a 3 bar monsoon shower pump which i was very happy with.

Should i be worried about the placement of the tank and will it affect the flow/ pressure to the shower head?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The Location of the Megaflow will not effect the performance of any outlet, However the Dynamic Pressure and flow rate most definately will, before considering an Unvented cylinder, you should measure your Cold water main's performance in regards working pressure, you need at least 1-5 bar, with a tap open and a flow rate of around 20Ltrs/min to achieve best performance, if your water main is poor you would be advised to stick with roof tanks, a vented cylinder and your booster pump! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back