Boiler model?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all.
I have a BG330 boiler but it has no identifying model /id numbers on it.I have lots of erratums for various models of Glow worm boilers that were next to the boiler when we moved in.They are for sxi,cxi,and hxi models but I dont knoew how to find the exact model.I have had 2 engineers to my property and they couldnt identify or find any identifying marks on the casing etc.It is a condensing type boiler and it is connected to a megaflow system if that helps.Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
I believe the 1st letter denotes the model, unlikely you have a combi boiler being connected to a megaflow so either a hxi or sxi (heat only or system). A photo of the boiler and behind the front flap may help. For your fault you have, might be better with a fixed price repair from Glow worm.

It's a rebadged and sightly altered Glow-worm HXi made for British Gas. There was only one model with the idea that the output could be adjusted to suit the property they were installed in, and the data badge adjusted accordingly.

What's the reason for the question?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
You are right about having a problem with my boiler. Intermittent F13. Was looking at possible new sensors and wiring loom costing as opposed to complete new boiler.I have noticed that there is a lot of water staining on the internal casing underneath the manifold assembled and saw some drips ( 10/15 per minute)when it did fire up. Obviously not a diy job but a possible reason for boiler failing.? What do we think

Attachments

• 6BFA8C26-3F8F-4725-8391-FC403AD9CE82.jpeg
    6BFA8C26-3F8F-4725-8391-FC403AD9CE82.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 53
Going on what CBW has said think it is an sxi as it provides heating and hot water

Going on what CBW has said think it is an sxi as it provides heating and hot water
You shouldn't have the cover off it unless you're Gas Safe Registered, but seeing as you have... an sxi will have a pump in it, the hxi has an external pump

Not touching anything gas related or sealed. Just having a look to try to identify anything obvious ( water staining etc)

Except that you are, because that casing forms the room seal and should only be removed & refitted by persons capable of carrying out the Regulation 26.9 checks. The water staining you describe is consistent with a cracked flue collector on the back of the heat exchanger, and running the boiler with the casing removed could lead to carbon monoxide being released into the room.

So I am assuming that you have never replaced a fuse in a plug as that should only be done by a qualified electrician

So I am assuming that you have never replaced a fuse in a plug as that should only be done by a qualified electrician
Edited my post above to add more info. Please re-read. Also household plugs are considered to be user serviceable

Thanks for the explanation. Been up all night with young child ( boiler switched off ) so feeling a bit tetchy.

Nope it is a HXI (heat only) does not mean it doesnt heat the HW it means the pump is external as is the expansion vessel

• Thanks
Thanks ianmcd.Am going to get it looked at one last time but probably will end up replacing it.Any advice on the best replacement for this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back