Boiler nightmare

Looks like you've been took for a mug, and several times before. With an attitude like that may it continue :D

Yea twice with the car in 33 years in the UK..

Everyone I know has also been fcked over, it happens so often here in the UK, there are programmes on it here. You should visit one day and see for yourself. :D :D

Rip off Britain (BBC)
Cowboy builders (C5)
Fake Britain (BBC)
Cowboy Traders
Dom's On the Case
Caught Red Handed
Don't Get Done, Get Dom
Cowboy Trap

etc

But yea, at the end of every show they do state there are some good tradesmen out there.

It's almost like it is something cultural? :D :D Lived for a while in Spain, wasn't as bad as this.

Sponsored Links
There are plenty of good and honest heating guys on this site who work in London, but with your preconceptions I doubt that many will be rushing forth.

Oh no, have I scared them away? Oh well, I am sure there are plenty of honest hard working plumbers in London who will forgive me for another £250.. going to watch the scifi channel now.. :LOL:

Let me take a wild guess....You rang around, found the cheapest guy you could, now you're wondering why it all turned to cr*p. :LOL:

Everything you have posted has been miles off, why do you think a wild guess would fare any better, unless everything you have posted so far was a wild guess?

My best friend's dad is a retired plumber. I got him over to look at the boiler and asked for a recommendation. He gave one. Here they are:

http://theplumbers.org/ :LOL:

told my mate they are your typical cowboys after experiencing the common and well known London plumber routine from them.. my mate apologised and his dad - after explaining what they have done to me, apologised and said he was very embarrassed. £250 too late, but better than nothing.

Sponsored Links
So what did your best mates dad think was wrong with the boiler when he had a look?

He said it required investigation. Without tools he said it was impossible to tell.

OP- You need reminding, even though they've offered advice, no-one on this forum owes you jack sh*t. The treatment you've received in your home is from others, not the forum members.

Your attitude clearly implies that you consider everyone here guilty of ripping you off by association.

Their crime? Doing a similar job for a living.

Question for you. If one of your so-called Plumbers happened to be of let's say a different skin colour, would you not post on their community website, accusing them all of being Charlatans? I'm suggesting people are capable of being individuals regardless of profession the same way as they are regardless of what they look like.

Your posts are generalist, ill informed and borne out of your own narrow-mindedness. You've had the service you deserve.

Could be one of the capacitors,

Flux-Schematic.jpg

Thing is you could tell the op that till your blue in the face and he just wouldn't believe you. What can you do?

I'll try and restore your faith, if its overheating and blowing off chances are the expansion vessel was depleted of pressure or split. We weren't there so you may have needed a new one anyway. If after fitting it it still overheated its probably a circulation/blockage problem. This could be pump/plate or crud somewhere. Either way i would get someone else to quote for a fixed price repair (not sure if worcester offer this). As you say its cost you £250 already and its still not working. I think BG will do a FPR.

i dont think worcester offer a fixed price repair on a dirty system like that,

by the sounds of it its not on the plate as the heating doesnt work aswell. i would say the pump needs removing to see how bad it is. but the divertor and hydroblock might be full of crap. a few hours and a bucket of water will sort it out :)

but then you have to ask why has it happened im guessing the system is very dirty. so might need it cleaning and i wouldhave a filter installed to stop it happening again.

A split expansion vessel is one of the easiest faults to diagnose so as someone else said, you may well have needed a new one. In all trades there's people that know what they're doing and completely useless people. It's on you to make sure you're using someone that knows what they're doing. If you've paid an idiot to replace your expansion vessel when it didn't need it then more fool you. But you can't tar us all with the same brush. Do you use tradesmen that come recommended from friends or family.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back