Boiler not firing for heating ok for water

Sponsored Links
Will do when at home i think i have a 679h340-30lo its defiantly a lifestyle ACL (house built in 1998) never been changed to my knowledge

Hello all watched it failing in action it gets to mid point and takes a while to get to heating. Can't see anyway to service it. Guessing needs draining down and replacing? Thanks paul. Picture of valve

Attachments

• IMG_20210929_182354.jpg
    IMG_20210929_182354.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
Syndron motor might be replaceable as opposed to a full drain down, someone more experienced will be able to confirm.

Syndron motor might be replaceable as opposed to a full drain down, someone more experienced will be able to confirm.

It reads as if the motor is partially working the valve, it's just that the actuator or valve is jamming part way.

Hello I sprayed WD at the back of the valve and seems to be working smoother is this a temp fix? Thoughts please or outting it off I'm just delaying it......

Hello I sprayed WD at the back of the valve and seems to be working smoother is this a temp fix? Thoughts please or outting it off I'm just delaying it......

The WD will go thick, waxy and sticky - making it worse. It might buy you a bit of time to enable you to avoid a 'distress purchase' and being forced into changing when you are already too busy with other things. I would still make plans to buy another valve and fit it as soon as you have the time.

See how it goes ,you may get lucky but I suspect it will need replacing at some point.

Seems i was ok for a week not its gone back to 5 mins before coming on, bloody valve!!! what is the going rate to have this changed please? Thanks

Couple of hundred quid if your north of Watford, double that if in central london, or live in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks Terry, just got quote for 195.00 from someone i trust, old one as old as the house, annoying works some times then slow on others, is it an easy job? (from reading doesn't look that hard for a plumber)

Not as complicated as plumbing in cooling system for nuclear reactors,that costs a bit more !!:LOL::LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back